The other day I bought a Vintage Barbie outfit named Enchanted Evening and was very disappointed when it arrived here. The condition was so bad that I gave it back. I had no chance to use it for display. The only thing I could have done was using it as a pattern for sewing but that was not the intention I had. The fabric is very delicate. I don’t know exactly the fabric maybe some kind of satin and I saw no chance to repair it with my abilities. Here’s a pic of the back.
I even had problems to put the body into the dress because of it’s tightness. I didn’t want to destroy it and I thought this might happen by the next time I dress or undress the body.
So my advice before buying the dress from anyone selling online is
- let them send you a pic from front and back
- let them send you detail pics from the seams so that you can check before buying
- try to read as much as possible about the fabric
- ask someone who has the dress to tell you about the color
- get yourself a reference book about the dress