I haven’t posted very much in the last weeks. Now I’m going to change this. I wanted to show you one of my Superstar-Reroots. I did in 2012 I think. I ‘m a fan of red haired Barbie dolls but in 1977 there were no red haired Superstars and I wondered what she would look like. And here is my result.
I have chosen a color called “Oxided Julia” for my reroot that had pink streaks in the red hair. I don’t think it has anything in common with the Color Magic Hair that was used for Julia in the late 1960s but I saw that it tended to turn from black into a reddish tone. For the hair style I chose rope braids. They are easy but you have lots of possibilities to work with them. The dress is a Best Buy dress from the late 1970s. I saw it and I thought it would match perfectly.
I was very busy in the last weeks but now I take the time to show you some new ideas from my workshop. Here they come…
Today I gonna open my Treasure Chest again. I hadn’t posted many articles in the last time. I was busy with several Barbie dolls and gave them a new look. Here they come.
Today I finished the Beauty Secrets Barbie doll that I found on the flea market several weeks ago. Her hair was in such a bad condition that I immediately decided to do a reroot. Last weekend I finally found the time to do it. So here is the result.
Last Sunday I was on a flea market and found a Beatuy Secrets Barbie doll with a lot of missing hair. Today I prepared the head for new hair. I cut the existing hair and put the rest out with several tools. Here is the result. The head is bold. Next step ist waiting for the new hair to arrive.
As I wrote yesterday I gave my Malibu Barbie head a full reroot. Yesterday I started to style her. Since she has so much hairs now I needed more time than I expected to give her a new hairdo. I wanted for her a very extraordinary style because she will get a very special dress. I tried to give her a hairdo like Empress Elisabeth from Austria in a very famous painting with a kind of modern style. So here is my result. 🙂
I was busy in the last days since I prepared myself for my first Barbie reroot. Today I gonna show you the result in pictues. I used the lock and loop method for the reroot. I needed two days to reroot the whole head.